Mirror Butterfly Painting
It is like looking in the mirror, whatever you paint on the left side of the paper is reflected on the right side. Try making butterflies using dark colours with bright highlights and finish them off with a felt pen for the details.
There is a lot you can do with colourful paints that you simply just cannot do with crayons, markers and pencils.
Download the PDF printable worksheet:
YOU WILL NEED:
Black marker for details.
Lets get started:
1. Prepare your work area. Lay out newspapers or a cover sheet.
2. Fold the paper in half to make a light crease before you begin. Open it out. You may find some very young children will need to have the paper folded for them.
3. All the painting is done on one side of the folded paper. Try to get some colour along the central fold line. Use bright colours in a random ‘surprise’ effect.
4. Re-fold the paper. Rub the paper with the palm of your hand trying to work the paint from the centre to the outer edge.
5. Allow to dry. Thick painting may take longer than normal artworks.
6. Add the final extras. Eyes, feet, legs, dots or a nose with felt pens or crayons.
Try not to apply too much paint that will squeeze out of the folded paper.
But just enough so it will transfer when pressed together.
Paper mache is a lot of creative fun. These right pink pigs are easy to make and, once painted with bright colours, look fabulous in kids’ rooms or around the classroom. It is so much fun and everyone seems creates something different and unique.
FAS People Paint
Kid’s love to paint people of all shapes and colours. You can make your own skin tone shades by mixing white, red and brown shades. But it is much easier to get a set of skin tone shades that are mixed and ready for instant use.
Children can now paint every skin colour under the sun!
If they don’t see the exact shade they need, it’s a breeze to mix one. Best of all, Super Tempera paint washes right off skin and clothes for quick & easy clean-ups. Lots of classroom fun.
Children love painting their own self portraits.
This is a fun way to get the creative juices flowing.
Non-toxic and safe for school kids in the classroom.
More Information See FAS People Paint:
A school Classroom set of a super thick paint in flesh tint shades.
Let your artwork and portraits come to life with FAS Super Tempera People Paint Skin Tone Colours.
School PaintsFollow me...
Ideas for School Paints:
Inspirational and creative ideas on how to get the best from FAS educational paints.